Participants in the school funding and property tax debate sponsored by the Yankee Institute for Public Policy and The TALK of Connecticut radio network included:
- Connecticut’s Speaker of the House, Democrat James A. Amann
- House Republican Leader Lawrence F. Cafero, Jr.
- Lee C. Erdmann, chief operating officer for the City of Hartford
- Mayor Michael J. Jarjura of Waterbury
- Town Council Chairman John N. Barry of Southington
- First Selectman Barbara Henry of Roxbury
- Barbara B. Carpenter, president of the West Hartford Education Association
- Brian Clemow, binding arbitration expert from Shipman & Goodwin, LLP
- Dan Lips, education analyst from The Heritage Foundation in Washington, DC
This article was published in Budget & Tax News, a publication of The Heartland Institute.