About the Author
Joseph Bast is president of The Hearrtland Institute, a 24-year old national nonprofit organization located in Chicago, Illinois. He is the editor of the revised second edition of Unstoppable Global Warming – Every 1,500 Years, by Dennis Avery and Fred Singer, and coauthor of two books on environmental topics, Scientific Consensus on Global Warming and Eco-Sanity: A Common-Sense Guide to Environmentalism.
He is also the founding publishe of Environment & Climate News, a monthly public policy newspaper that reaches 74,000 policymakers and subscibers. His writing has appeared in many publications, including The Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily, The Cato Journal, and USA Today.
©2008 The Heartland Institute. Nothing in this booklet should be construed as neccessarily representing the views of The Heartland Institute nor as intended to aid or oppose passage of any legislation. This publication may be freely reproduced and translateed in other languages. Please send to The Heartland Institute a copy of any publication that reproduces the this text in whole or in part.
Physical copies of these booklets are available from The Heartland Institute for the following prices:
1-50 copies $2.95 each
51-200 copies $2.21 each
201-1,000 copies $1.66 each
>1,000 copies call for pricing
Send check or money order to the following adress
19 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 903
Chicago, IL 60603
phone (312) 377-4000 fax (312) 377-5000
or order online at www.heartland.org.
This page has the following sub pages.
- Introduction: Why do we need principles of energy policy?
- 1. Energy independdence is an illusion
- 2. Gasoline prices are market-driven
- 3. Global warming is not a crisis
- 4. Air pollution is not a major public health problem
- 5. Mercury is not a major public health problem
- 6. Biofuels should not be subsidized
- 7. CAFE standards sacrifice lives for oil
- 8. Electric deregulation is still necessary
- 9. Liquified natural gas is part of the solution
- 10. Nuclear energy is part of the solution